My father is adamant: each morning after the coffee has been finished, the coffeemaker must be unplugged. It seems a fireman told him 30 years ago they caused fires, lots of ‘em, and the O’Brien clan doesn’t like fire — not even in fireplaces.
Well, after paying a claim caused by a fire in one of their policyholder’s homes, Chubb has brought a lawsuit against Apple, alleging the house fire was the result of a faulty computer charger. The suit further alleges Apple had received numerous complaints alerting them to heating, burning and sparking problems with the MagSafe adapters used to charge Macintosh computers.
Unlike a Macbook, my father’s coffeemaker does not need charging, so un-plugging the coffeemaker when not in use actually IS a real option.